Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thrift Shopping

Every 4 years or so, we run out of glass glasses. That just kinda happens when you have a big family. So right before Christmas I realized that I needed to buy glasses. We decided to shop in thrift stores.

Sarah and I are hooked now. On Fridays we head to Austin to comb the thrift stores for just the right glasses. We decided that we won't buy just any glass. It has to be unusual and pretty. It has to be special. And not too many of the same glass is definitely preferred! Our tastes are eclectic and hodge-podge.

Two weeks ago we spent $4 on 5 glasses (oh the joy!). And one of them was a crystal wine glass that matched a set of 4 wine glasses that Skip's uncle Charles had given us as a wedding gift 25 years ago. Of course that set of four is long gone - as that's what happens when you have a big family. You know that I know we could just drink out of plastic. And plastic is okay every once in a while but there's just nothing like drinking ice tea out of a glass glass.

Last week, Sarah and I spent a whopping total of $6 on 4 glasses. Well, we broke one on the way home . . . no problem, we'll just head out tomorrow for another day of thrift shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment