Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things I Want to be Remembered For

I want to be remembered for being a faithful child of God in the toughest of times, for loving well, for being a faithful and true friend, for living a life of learning, for learning to think, for thinking outside of the box, for conquering tasks that I find difficult, for being energetic.

I want to be remembered for knowing what the important things in life are, for not sweatin' the not-so-important stuff (I'm working on this one), for giving Skip's breakfast biscuit to a homeless guy (without asking first), for laughing hard, for crying with my family and friends when they cried, for still being able to tackle my 12 year old son, and for saying "I love you" a lot.

I want to be remembered for sitting beside the bed of my dear friend when she was dying of cancer, for having the courage to make difficult decisions, for being a person whose "no" means "no", for knowing what to hate - like deception, unkindness, dishonesty, divisiveness, and that children go to bed hungry at night.

I want to be remembered for knowing when to be quiet and listen, for loving sinners, for being able to speak the truth - in love (still working on this one), for being selfless and encouraging, for not nagging Skip about changing his headlight when he wouldn't change it - though I did turn him in to the police.

I want to be remembered as someone who lived - hard, played - hard, rested - hard, and loved - hard.

I want to be remembered as someone who pursued knowing God, and gave others a small picture of who and what and when and where and how God is.

I want to be remembered for loving Skip and my children wholeheartedly.

I want to be remembered for loving God more than anything else in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment